Insights into Schizophrenia
- In treating Schizophrenia, the two key treatments are taking medicine and lowering stress.
- You can actually undo the effects of the medicine by being under too much stress.
- The biggest thing that causes people stress is often other people.
- With Schizophrenia, this stress is magnified.
- But Schizophrenia is still a lonely disease and you still want human contact.
- One of my strategies is to avoid conflict whenever possible.
- Keep this in mind when using this list to reduce your stress.
Using This List to Lower Stress
- These are not a list of things to do but attributes to strive towards.
- They are hard to do and the philosophy does not tell you how.
- I would say most are about humility, calmness, and acceptance of limitations.
- Nothing really to “do”. Kind of like a “boring” life.
- Don't think. Just do. There is no correct way.
- The point of this is to be less stressed not more. Forget trying to do it.
- It is not about adding things to do but removing them from your life.
- Realize we are all irrational and there are good things about that
- Question reality or have self doubt, ask for help and have a willingness to admit mistakes
- See death as the defining part of life and not fearing death
- Be useless or minimize risk by not being too important or an easy target
- Reject the pursuit of money or fame as a way to avoid pain
- Eliminate all forms of suffering in your life and others
- Do not accept pain as inevitable
- Be spontaneous in planning things to do to lower stress
- Be creative in solving life problems
- Take responsibility with your free choices
- Find meaning in life through internal struggle and see life as primarily spiritual
- Educate yourself as a way of personal growth by reading and learning from other’s experiences
- Self-reflect to avoid conflict
- Be honest with God as a starting point for your relationship with Him
- Understand what you can change and what you cannot change
- Be a person of peace within and without
- Learn how to have better manners
- Self mastery is enlightenment